Olympus has announced the second-generation OM-D E-M10 Mark II, featuring a ‘best-in-class’ 5-Axis stabilisation system and 2.36 million dot EVF, will be available in Australia next month at an RRP (body only) of $799.
Olympus says the E-M10 Mark II’s 5-Axis stabilisation ‘lets you shoot with greater mobility and freedom than you can with other entry or intermediate class interchangeable lens cameras.’ With the IS mechanism built into the camera body, every lens used with the new E-M10 Mark II automatically benefits from stabilisation.
For eye-level framing, the E-M10 Mark II uses a 2.36 million dot OLED based viewfinder that shows you what the camera will capture in real time, with a 100 percent view of the scene. The viewfinder’s advanced aspherical optics provide a distortion-free 1.23x magnification, with an eye-glass comfortable 19.2mm viewpoint. A special ‘simulated’ optical viewfinder (S-OVF) setting mimics the visual experience of the traditional SLR camera, using HDR technology.
For Full HD movie recording, Olympus’ ‘OM-D Movie’ technology (introduced with the E-M5 Mark II) is incorporated in the E-M10 Mark II. OM-D Movie combines mechanical and digital 5-Axis stabilisation to help you smoothly capture exceptional shake-free movies with the camera in hand. A special ‘CLIPS’ recording mode lets you easily produce high quality short films using video segments that can be conveniently combined within the camera.
The E-M10 Mark II also features advanced smartphone integration. With Olympus’ OI Share app (iOS & Android), you can wirelessly transfer pictures and videos from your camera to phone, and instantly post them to social networks. OI Share provides the ability to attach picture geotags as well as remotely control (with remote live view) the camera.
The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark II is available in Silver & Black from September 2015. Recommended retail price of camera is $799 body only, $999 single lens kit (14-42mm electronic zoom lens) and $1199 double zoom kit (14-42mm electronic zoom lens and 40-150 telephoto zoom lens).
– 16.1 megapixel LiveMOS sensor;
– 2.36M dot OLED viewfinder;
– 5-Axis image stabilisation (up to -4EV steps performance);
– TruePic VII image engine;
– Tilting 3-inch touchscreen LCD with 1.04M dot resolution;
– OM-D Movie stabilisation with Full HD 24/25/30/50/60 fps options; CLIPS video mode;
– Focus bracketing;
– 8.5 fps burst rate (RAW/Jpeg);
– AF Track Pad touchscreen AF point selection;
– 4K resolution time-lapsed movies;
– Built-in flash (GN8.2/ISO200);
– Wi-Fi control and picture transfer with smart devices (Android & iOS using Olympus OI.Share app).