June 14, 2011: Adeal has announced the new Manfrotto Photo Movie Head, which is an ideal solution for the new breed of HD video-capturing DSLRs.
It’s an all-in-one which doubles as a excellent stills head as well.
A Photo-Movie selector makes switching from shooting photos to videos quick and immediate.
In Photo mode the head provides speed and maximum freedom in all directions – like a ball head – combined with a precise, smooth and controlled movement thanks to the fluid cartridges and friction control.
In Video mode a fully featured Video Head allows precise and fluid movements for pan-and-tilt and includes all standard video settings, including an adjustable counterbalance control. The pan bar is reversible for right- or left-handed users and it can quickly be removed and fixed on a tripod leg, thanks to the included rest clip.
• Photo-Movie selection: maximum speed in switching from photo to video;
• Fluid cartridges for high precision movement control;
• Both right and left handed use in video mode;
• Adjustable friction control;
• Single lock for tilt and portrait to quick lock the camera position;
• Independent pan lock for precise panoramic shots;
• Counterbalance for precision and safety in controlling the camera;
• Removable pan bar for maximum freedom in photo mode;
• Lightweight, durable materials and construction;
• Ergonomic controls for speed and comfort.
RRP for the Manfrotto Photo Movie Head is $550.