The Swedish-manufactured X1D weighs 725g – less than half that of current digital medium format cameras and slightly smaller than some pro-level full frame DSLRs.
A new family of dedicated autofocus lenses has been developed for the X1D, offering a wide range of shutter speeds and full flash synchronisation up to 1/2000th second, with a 45mm and 90mm available at launch. The camera will also accept Hasselblad H lenses with an adaptor.
The new camera includes HD video, Wi-Fi and built-in GPS, and is dust and weather proof.
– Compact and lightweight (725g), highly portable and user-friendly medium format technology;
– Large-area (44x33mm) 50MP CMOS medium format sensor delivering up to 14 stops of dynamic range;
– New line of XCD lenses with integral central shutter, 45mm and 90mm available at launch;
– Compatible with all 12 lenses and lens accessories from the Hasselblad professional H System (adapter required);
– XGA electronic viewfinder or high resolution rear display with touch functionality;
– Wide range of shutter speeds: 60 minutes to 1/2000th sec. with full flash synchronisation throughout the range;
– 3-inch 920k dot touch screen, 2.36-megapixel electronic viewfinder;
– PASM plus 3 custom settings;
– Leaf shutter with 1 million exposure life cycle;
– Flash synch at all shutter speeds up to 1/2000 sec;
– 49mm and 90mm lenses introduced along with camera;
– HD video, 2K video at 25fps;
– ISO range from 100 to 25,600;
– Dual SD card slots, GPS and Wi-Fi;
– USB 3.0 Type-C connector, Mini HDMI, Audio In/Out;
– Weather and dust sealings;
– Phocus 3.1 raw image processor.
– Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Photoshop Lightroom compatible.
The X1D is priced at US$8995 (around $12,000, ex-GST). This puts the X1D in an unusual position for a Hasselblad of being one of the most affordable medium format cameras available – with the Pentax 645Z its only competition in price terms. The 45mm f3.5mm lens (HS4535XCD) is US$2295 (around $3000), and the 90mm f3.2 (HS9032XCD) is US$2695 ($3600).
While the X1D is already being offered for pre-order in some markets, actual availability won’t be until at least August.
Official press release and data sheet: Hasselblad X1D June 2016