Panasonic has announced April availability of a photographers’ travel camera, the $1200 Lumix TZ220, combining a 15x Leica zoom lens and a 1-inch MOS sensor.
The camera also has a high resolution (2.3-million dot) viewfinder as well as a touch screen rear LCD. It will compete against Sony’s RX100 cameras and Canon’s Powershot G7 X.
‘The new zoom lens on the TZ220 provides wider angles and longer reach for greater versatility, backed up by the depth and clarity of the 1-inch sensor. This benchmark travel compact is designed for uncompromising shooters who want to create and share amazing images that bring their journeys to life in stunning detail,’ said Panasonic product manager, Scott Mellish.
– 20.1 megapixel 1-inch BSI CMOS sensor;
– VARIO-ELMAR F3.3-6.4 24-360mm equiv. zoom lens;
– 2.33 million dot viewfinder with 0.53x equiv. magnification;
– 10 fps burst (AF-S), 6 fps burst (AF-C);
– 5-axis in-body stablisation;
– UHD 4K/24/25/30p video;
– 3-inch touch LCD;
– Depth from Defocus AF;
– Wi-Fi and low power Bluetooth;
– 4K Photo;
– USB charging.
Full press release: Panasonic Lumix TZ220- February