Sony Imaging has launched its Sony Imaging PRO Support Program in Australia, delivering Sony Alpha photographers a premium level of support equivalent to that Canon and Nikon provides its professional customers.
Benefits and privileges of the PRO Support Program include:
– Dedicated phone line and email support manned by an Australia-based tech support team of digital imaging specialists;
– Expedited, three-day turnaround on repairs for products within the warranty period (excluding delivery time);
– Free shipping to and from the service centre;
– Twenty percent discount on parts and labour for out-of-warranty repairs;
– Emergency loan equipment if repairs take longer than three days, ‘or in special circumstances’;
– Two complimentary clean and maintenance checks each membership year.
To qualify for the program, members will need to be a photographer who earns the majority of their income from photography; own two Sony Alpha camera bodies, at least one of which is full frame; and three Sony (G / G Master / ZEISS) lenses.
Professional photographers can register to join the program at sony.com.au/prosupportprogram. Cost of the membership is $149 per year.
ProCounter first flagged Sony’s mooted professional photographer program back in November 2014. In March this year there was a small interweb firestorm when Australian photographer Matt Granger posted a 15-minute rant on poor professional support in Australia for Alpha photographers.