Negotiating with your landlord is rarely done on a level playing field, but a free webinar conducted by the ARA could help.
Keynote speaker Phil Chapman, founder of Lease 1, ‘Australia’s leading retail lease consultancy firm’ will explain how retailers can get back some power at the lease negotiating table and secure manageable rents, particularly during times of poor retail trade.
Subjects covered include:
– How to negotiate leases effectively (without enlisting the services of Mick Gatto);
– The keys to negotiating with leasers in relation to new sites;
– Rental reviews and renewal of leases;
– Advice on what to do to manage excessive rents when retail sales aren’t growing;
– Tips on how to find out what rent you should be paying.
Date is Wednesday, August 20, from 10:00 – 11:00am.
To register, email firstname.lastname@example.org and, according to the ARA, a link will be sent to you.
In addition to the webinar, the ARA is running a retail lease workshop for retailers in Melbourne next Friday, June 27.
Attendees will learn about the Retail Leases Act 2003 and their rights and responsibilities as well as the fundamentals on how to research and evaluate retail leases terms.
The Victorian Small Business Commissioner, Geoff Browne will be in attendance and will explain how his Office can assist Victorian retailers.
Date: Friday 27 June
Time: 9am – 1pm
Location: Yarra Room, Melbourne Town Hall, 90-130 Swanston Street, Melbourne
Cost: $50 per person
Register: please email email@example.com