Nikon Australia has announced mid-April launch of its latest mirrorless interchangeable camera, the Nikon 1 V3, along with two new 1 Nikkor zoom lenses: the 1 Nikkor VR 70-300mm f4.5-5.6 telephoto and the 1 Nikkor VR 10-30mm f3.5 PD-Zoom.
Key features of the Nikon 1 V3:
– 18.4 megapixel Nikon CX-format image sensor without a low-pass filter;
– Wide ISO range of up to 12,800 with enhanced ISO noise reduction;
– Tilting 3-inch, 1040k-dot LCD monitor for high or low-angle shooting;
– ‘World’s fastest’ continuous shooting frame rate at 20 fps;
– Full HD movie recording at 1920 x 1080/60p;
– ‘World’s shortest shooting time lag’;
– Virtual horizon function that can be displayed in the live view display or viewfinder;
– Built in instant photo sharing.
No local pricing has been published. Official Nikon US pricing I for the V3 kitted with the 1 Nikkor VR 10-30mm f3.5-5.6 PD-Zoom lens, the DF-N1000 Electronic Viewfinder and the GR-N1010 Grip is US$1199.95.
The 1 Nikkor VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 PD-Zoom and the 1 Nikkor VR 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 lenses have US suggested prices of US$299.95 and US$999.95 respectively.
To access the full 8-page Nikon press release on the new camera and lenses in PDF format, click here.