The ‘eagerly awaited’ (that’s what it says in the press release) Fujifilm Instax Share SP-1 printer will be available in Australia early next month, and will be bundled with three 10 packs of Instax prints, plus batteries and an AC adaptor, for an RRP of $309.
The SP-1 ‘mini-prints’ are a smaller-than-credit-card 62x46mm (micro-prints?) and 254dpi. Prints pop out in around 16 seconds. The printer weighs just 250g and with dimensions of just 100x40x120mm – slightly larger than a deck of playing cards – is about as portable as a printer gets!
The SP-1 can print from a range of Apple and Android smartphones via a free App, and is also compatible with Fujifilm’s XQ1, X-M1 and X-A1 cameras via a firmware upgrade – also available in early June.
There are five template options:
– Real Time Template: includes the date, time, weather, temperature and humidity included in the frame;
– Limited Edition Template: ‘each print is numbered to look like a limited item’ (what the…?);
– SNS Template (for Facebook and Instagram): for printing images uploaded to
social networking services (SNS). It includes a profile photo and the number of Likes.
– Square Template: the photo is cropped into a square and you can also write a message
– Standard Template: includes an Instax frame ‘that helps make the photos stand out.’
Sepia and black & white filters are also available.
Melissa Butcher, Fujifilm Australia product manager, Consumer Products, said the line-up of digital cameras that support the new Instax Share SP-1 printer will continue to expand.
‘When bundled with an adapter, batteries and Instax mini film, the Instax Share SP-1 printer provides the perfect solution for accessing fast prints that you can share quickly and easily with family and friends,’ she said.