Maxwell International has announced two additions to the Lowepro range – Lowepro Photo Hatchback daypacks and Dashpoint pouches – designed for outdoor and casual lifestyle use.
The Photo Hatchback can be used as both a camera bag or a full daypack, while the Dashpoint pouch range offers lightweight versatility for small handheld devices such as a smartphone, or small compact or mirrorless interchangeable cameras such as the Nikon 1 and Olympus OM-D.
The Photo Hatchback AW daypack offers contemporary design as well as a practical and flexible solution for carrying a full camera kit, plus plenty of personal gear and digital devices. Remove the internal camera box and the bag turns into a full daypack. When the weather turns, slip on the protective cover, and gear is safeguarded from the elements.
• Sleek and modern outdoor daypack design;
• Removable, padded camera box with storm-flap closure and grab handles;
• Body-side, hatchback opening;
• Patented, built-in All Weather AW Cover;
• SlipLock attachment loops on shoulder straps.
The Photo Hatchback 16L AW, which takes a DSLR with lens plus one or two extra lenses, a tablet, water bottle and other personal gear has an RRP of $109 (though already down to $99.95 in the latest Camera House catalogue), while the 22L AW (DSLR with larger attached lens,plus two or three extra lenses, a small notebook, water bottle and personal gear) has an RRP of $129.
Both are offered in red, grey or blue.
The three-size collection covers a wide variety of devices – from smartphones and point andshoots cameras to pocket videos, GPS units and MP3 players.
The Dashpoint’s flexible attachment system secures to virtually anything, vertically or horizontallyand the durable padding provides maximum protection from impact.
• Multi-functional, outdoor-inspired pouch;
• Versatile, t-Lock attachment system;
• Built-in memory card pocket;
• Wide-mouth opening with reverse zippers;
• Available in 3 sizes – Dashpoint 10, 20 and 30 – for any device or camera up to a mirrorless interchangeable model with loom lens attached.
The Dashpoint pouches, also in red, grey and blue, range from $24 to $35, RRP.