Ricoh has announced the pricing and availability of a new wide-angle HD Pentax-D FA645 35mm f3.5AL lens.
The lens has newly designed high-grade aspherical optical elements, which has optimised it for digital imaging by ‘minimising a number of aberrations’.
The lens has a focal length of 27.5mm (in the 35mm format when mounted on a 645Z or 645D body) ideal for landscape and architectural images. It has a minimum focusing distance of 30 centimeters and a maximum magnification of 0.25 times, making it also handy for close-up photography. The inner-focus mechanism keeps its total length unchanged during focusing so balance is maintained during handheld shooting.
The lenses nine-blade rounded diaphragm allows photographers to product a smooth, bokeh effect while minimising the streaking effect of point light sources.
Other features include:
– HD Coating which assures higher light transmittance and lower reflection to deliver bright, high-contract images free of flare and ghost images in all light situations;
– Image circle covering the entire image size of 645-series film-format SLR cameras;
– SP Coating to the front surface of the lens to repel water and grease;
– An attachment for filters to the front end of lens;
– PL filter window for easy control of a polarising filter without removing lens hood.
The lens will be available internationally from Mid-December and has a RRP of US$1549 – there’s yet to be a local announcement on pricing and availability.